PATCH-IT-ALL ....our family blog


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bye Bye Birdie


I just stripped the rest of the meat from our Thanksgiving bird. Tomorrow it will be a week. Better use that meat up! I will throw the bones in the crock pot tomorrow for soup. It can simmer away while I am busy outside the kitchen. Tonight I made turkey pie and that is in the oven. Won't Dad be happy? I haven't cooked since Thanksgiving. Seriously, I guess it is time. So here is my super simple recipe for Chicken or Turkey Pie:

Prepare a pie crust or purchase one
Two cups of cooked, cut up chicken/turkey or 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can (16 oz) Veg-All (mixed vegetables)
2 cans soup, Cream of Chicken and Cream of Potato
Bake in a pie crust for one hour at 350 degrees.
Easy as pie!


Dad always wishes this was apple pie, but he does like it.

We are still waiting to hear from Renn and Keira. They went to the hospital this morning for the baby to be induced. Come on baby boy, we are waiting for you!

1 comment:

Polly said...

Yummy, I'd like to make this, dang that low card lifestyle. Can't wait to meet our new little boy!