PATCH-IT-ALL ....our family blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010


What a day I had yesterday. I left home at 11:30 to go get a haircut. I mentioned to the lady cutting my hair that it smelled like someone had garlic for lunch...not meaning her. I smelled garlic when I walked in the place Well turns out she loves garlic and had it the night before for dinner. In fact she confessed that she adds it to everything.  I think it was coming out her pores. You know garlic does that. She ran for some gum, and I was totally embarrassed and am happy to be left with some hair on my head after that.

I then went to Sam's Club and didn't have my check book, but they said they take debit cards. So I shopped and filled up my cart and went to check out, used my debit card and it wouldn't accept my pin number. I know it was the right number, but haven't used the card in a while, so that was probably the reason. So I tried to go get cash and same thing--wrong pin. Meanwhile the line is forming behind me. Anxiety sets in!
I came back to the cashier and she says "Oh do you want to charge it instead?" Well hell yes! Why are you making me jump thru hoops if I can charge it? I thought the whole point was that I had to do a debit!
So I charged it and took my stuff to the car. I sat in the car and looked at my receipt. I originally tried to get $20 cash back and it looked like I was supposed to get it but didn't. So I went back in and the cashier pointed out how dumb I am, and I misread it. I went back out to my car and...whoops...where are my keys? In the ignition with the doors locked! Aiyee! Again, dumb, dumb, dumb! I went back into the store seeking help. Everyone wanted to know did I have AAA. No, I think I would have at least been smart enough to call them if I had them. And my husband was out of town, so no help from there. Finally someone suggested the mechanics and tires area. A very nice young man came out and tried to jimmie the lock with a coat hanger, but was unsuccessful. So we went back in to call a locksmith. (Oh, and I am probably the only person in this country without a cell phone!) Most of the numbers in the yellow pages were disconnected. This poor kid just keeps dialing number after number and finally someone answers! So half an hour and $40 later I got into my car! By that time it was 3:30 and instead of running the rest of my errands, I came home to put the groceries away. Oh, I had a hot dog and coke while I was waiting for the locksmith. I was starving. It was good.

See how I can totally blow a day whether I am home or not?!   Honestly, the whole time I was thinking, "This must be a bad dream. This isn't really happening because this is my lucky year!"

What a life!


Lisa said...

I'm glad you were able to get home safe with the groceries after all!!

Phew *hug*

Polly said...

Wow! I'm sorry, that was a icky day! You never know what life is going to throw at you.