PATCH-IT-ALL ....our family blog


Saturday, June 27, 2009

ATLANTA


Recently I heard a rumor that people were tired of looking at Becky's wide open mouth when this blog was opened. Hard to believe. But here is a new post anyway. I am home from Atlanta after spending a week there with Jennie. Oddly, I have no photos of Jennie and myself. But Laura and Liz came on Monday to spend some time with us. So.....
Here is a pic of Laura and Jen--cozy cousins! Laura got up early and drove to Atlanta from Macon where she is staying with her dad. I hadn't seen Laura in years, but it didn't seem that way because I have seen so many pictures of her. She is bubbly, sweet and vivacious! She and Jen really enjoy each other.

It has been a few years since Liz and I have seen one another also. We spent the afternoon together and then went for pizza before Liz took the long trek home. It was so sweet of her to drive so far (3 hours) just to come and see me! Liz has a very nice blog that I enjoy reading. She has a nice writing style and talks good sense. Check it out!


Here is Jennie's kitty with whom I shared my bed and room and apparently my fabric purchases. Jennie and I had fun together. We visited a couple of quilt shops! She knows how to show her mom a good time! The week went quickly. I am thinking I may go back there in September. There is a big quilt show there that I wouldn't mind going to. Luckily Jennie enjoys looking at quilts and even making them. So we always can find a project to enjoy together!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I would drive even longer than 3 hours if that what it takes!! It was great to see you and get to spend a few hours together. Have fun in AZ!! Stay in the shade!

Emma said...

My Auntie Marcie! I found your blog from Polly's- it is so fun to see pictures of your family because it has been a thousand years since I have seen you guys. Looks like you all had fun at Renn's wedding- Hope all is well- Emma